Tuesday, May 18, 2010

World of Warcraft Cooking Guide: In Honor of Children's Week!

Okay, I know I'm late. But in my defense I recently became a Sous Chef. So, in honor of both children's week on WoW and my new job....You Scream, I Scream.....
We all scream for icecream!
During children's week, each player can take care of an orphan. You take them out to visit places all over Azeroth and Outlands. One of your outings with the Human orphan Randis is for ice cream in Stormwind!

Now, I love ice cream and sorbet and frozen yogurt. But what does one do for ice cream when you can't eat dairy? No, I'm not making tofu ice cream. This, is so much better and a little known secret. One ingredient ice cream.

Frozen bananas! Yes, those brown bananas that you freeze, with the big idea of making banana bread that you never get around to? Okay, maybe that's just me.

Anyways!

Try to catch them before they go super brown, you want them to still be creamy inside but ripe so they are sweet. Cut those babies up, while frozen, and send them for a ride in your blender or food processor. Do it a bit at a time, adding another piece as each one gets all chunky. Then, keep going. In about three to four minutes, your frozen bananas that dreamed of becoming banana bread on some chilly autumn day, will become creamy, beautiful ice cream!

This is now a blank canvas, add whatever you like! A little chocolate syrup, maple syrup, peanut butter, flavour extracts or other frozen fruits!

Enjoy!


P.S. This is guilt free, sugar free. You know -exactly- what's in it. And CHEAP!

No comments: